The Bloomberg Billionaires Index gave a daily ranking of the world’s 500 richest people based on their net worth. Ten of the world’s wealthiest persons were ranked which were determined based on a dynamic measure of personal wealth contingent on changes in markets, the economy, and Bloomberg reporting.
The top 10 Billionaires (Elon Musk topping the list) based on their net worth for 2023 are as follows:
- Elon Musk ($190 billion) – a South-African-born American entrepreneur who is the founder, CEO and chief engineer of SpaceX; angel investor, CEO and product architect of Tesla, Inc.; founder of The Boring Company; co-founder of Neuralink and OpenAI; president of the Musk Foundation; and owner and CEO of Twitter, Inc.
- Bernard Arnault & Family ($144 billion) – a French businessman, investor, and art collector. He is the co-founder, chairman, and chief executive of LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton SE, the world’s largest luxury goods company such as Givenchy, Marc Jacobs and Sephora
- Gautam Adani and family ($133 billion) – an Indian industrialist and the richest man in Asia. The Adani Group has interests in ports, airports, power generation, and transmission, green energy, edible oils, cement, and real estate, among others
- Jeff Bezos ($114 billion) – an American entrepreneur and founder/CEO of the multinational e-commerce company, Amazon
- Bill Gates ($107 billion) – an American business magnate and founder of the technology company, Microsoft
- Warren Buffet ($100 billion) – an American entrepreneur, chairman, and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, a company that owns businesses in insurance, rail transportation, energy generation and distribution, manufacturing, and retailing. He is also one of the most successful investors in the world
- Larry Ellison ($90.9 billion) – an American business magnate and investor who is the co-founder, executive chairman, chief technology officer and former chief executive officer of the technology company, Oracle Corporation. He is also a member of Tesla’s board of directors since 2018 after acquiring 3 million shares
- Mukesh Ambani ($89.0 billion) – an Indian businessman and chairman/managing director of Reliance Industries Ltd., a Fortune Global 500 company
- Larry Page ($81.4 billion) – an American businessman, computer scientist and investor. He is the co-founder of Google
- Steve Ballmer ($79.7 billion) – an American business magnate and investor. He is the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers of the National Basketball Association, an American professional basketball team.