Drake Spent Nearly $200K Gambling in Atlantic City

December 14, 2018 6:39 PM

If there’s one industry that’s undergone something of a renaissance in recent years, it’s gambling. With an estimated global worth of around $500 billion, it’s fair to say it’s hit the big time, and there’s some serious cash at stake for those who aren’t afraid to roll the dice and see what fortune delivers.

Enter Drake, rapper and hip-hop star extraordinaire, as well as an avid fan of the game. After reportedly arriving almost an hour late to a club performance in DAER nightclub back in September, the reason for his delay has finally been revealed – he was hitting up the nearby Hard Rock Hotel and Casino with his clique in tow.

Advertisement

Light change for Drizzy

Source: Pixabay

According to sources, the rapper’s trip to Atlantic City ended up involving something of a detour – to the local gaming complex, where he’s reported to have gambled an astonishing $200K in a single night.

Eventually arriving at his performance an hour later than scheduled, the rapper only took to the mic at 3am in the morning, having been splashing his cash until immediately before. The stop was the latest in a line of clubs and concert venues that made up his “Aubrey and the Three Migos” tour.

Those who were present say Drake and his clique were originally heading to strip club Scores before realizing it was packed and deciding on a change of plan. The intention was to go and visit his affiliate DJ Spade, who was playing at the venue, but the rejigged itinerary saw them head to Hard Rock instead.

An Atlantic City source said: “Drake took one look and decided to go gambling. He got the itch.”

A fan of fickle fortune 

Source: Pixabay

Advertisement

The move makes Drake one of the many who enjoy gambling, with a UK study suggesting that 48 percent of people now partake on a regular basis. Of this number, 83 percent make like Drake and head to a casino, while the other 17 percent do so online, taking advantage of the many offers out there to get a no deposit bonus for mobile in Canada or find free spins on themed jackpot slots.

It certainly seems the rapper was suitably entertained, with sources claiming that he not only enjoyed it enough to lose track of time but also that he stayed at his table for the whole evening, accruing an eventual tab of $200,000.

Although this might sound dramatic, it’s actually light change for Drizzy, who has an estimated net worth of $100 million, making him the fourth richest rapper in the world.

Advertisement

Even when he’d finished playing, the singer’s night didn’t end there. Drake and his crew are also said to have had the casino open up its on-site restaurant Sugar Factory, with staff who worked there creating a gargantuan drink in the Canadian’s honor.

Served in 60-ounce goblets and aptly titled “The Drake”, the concoction consisted of Virginia Black whiskey, sweet tea, peach puree, cotton candy, and even Sour Patch peach gummies – an arguably suitable refresher ahead of his arrival and eventual performance at DAER.

Advertisement


TRENDING



Made in Jamaica 🇯🇲 Yardhype.com website Since 2012 © YARDHYPE 2011-24