The 2019 death of female Dancehall artiste Keshan, sent shockwaves throughout the industry however, a St. Catherine businessman has been charged with the shooting that took the entertainer’s life.
Charged is 34-year-old Tony Martin, a resident of Sharper Lane in the parish, and the charges were laid after the Director Of Public Prosecution made a ruling which caused it to happen on Wednesday, December 15, as a result he will be required to appear at the St. Catherine Parish court.
Keshan was shot by Martin who was reported to be her boyfriend, after the two had a dispute which the man told investigators, led to the entertainer stabbing him several times leaving him no choice but to act in self-defense.
When the matter was initially being probed into in 2019, relatives of the female artiste spoke out and stated that the accused man had been living a double life with Keshan and another woman after telling the entertainer that he was no longer seeing the other female.
The reports from the relatives according to Dancehall Mag who shared the information, are that upon finding out that Martin was still involved with the other woman, the singer went to her house and saw him there which caused her to smash his car glass leading to a fight between the two which eventually led to Keshan being shot, and later passing away while undergoing treatment.
At that point of her life, the entertainer was said by her relatives to have been preparing to launch a business, only to lose her life at that integral part of her journey.
Keshan is well known for her track “The Goods” featuring Vybz Kartel as well as others such as “Bubble Yu Body”, “Don’t Lie”, and “Kill or Die”.