Seven-year-old twin brothers, Jayden and Jorden Laing and their older brother, Adrianno Laing, were killed in a fire that ravaged their home and severely injured their sister on Sunday.
The incident occurred a day before they were expected to attend school at the Sheffield Primary in Westmoreland.
According to reports from the Jamaica Gleaner, the fire was initiated by candles that were lit after a power outage in the community. Members of the fire department are expected to return to the scene today to continue their investigation.
The four children were in the care of their father, Adrian Anthony Laing, who works as a disc jockey. Hours before the fire, Laing posted multiple photographs of the children’s uniforms and school supplies on social media and wrote, “Thank u Jah am ready for the new school term with my kids…I have no time to waste…it’s not been easy as a single dad but I am holding on.”
Reports state that the single father had previously shared a missing person’s photograph on social media of a woman believed to be the children’s mother and asked anyone with information about her location to contact the nearest police station.