Wendy’s in Atlanta Burn Down after another Fatal Police Shooting

Sunday, June 14, 2020, 12:36 PM GMT-5

Rage continue to rise in the USA as protestors closed a major highway in Atlanta and even went as far as to burned down a Wendy’s restaurant after another black man was shot down by the police as he tried to escape arrest. The man was declared dead further fueling the fire.

Things got extremely dangerous as the burning restaurant was right beside another restaurant and it took 45 minutes for the fire truck to arrive and extinguish the blaze.

Interstat75 was blocked by marchers which cause heavy traffic before the police arrived and got things under control.

After the shooting video of 27-year-old Rayshard Brooks was released online the police chief Erika Shields resigned on Saturday. Meanwhile, the officer, Garrett Rolfe, who shot Brook, was fired.

Brook’s death yet fueled the already lit fire by the death of George Floyd.  

Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms also accepted the resignation of the police chief and said: “I do not believe that this was a justified use of deadly force and have called for the immediate termination of the officer,”

Brook was supposed to celebrate his daughter’s birthday on Saturday, his lawyer said.

A protest broke out near the scene on Saturday as they demanded the officers to be charged with criminal acts.


The incident took Place in the parking lot after the police were called over to the Wendy’s as Brook fell asleep in the drive-thru. The officers attempted an arrest after brook failed the on-field drug test.

A bystander’s video showed Brook breaking free and running away across the parking lot with what appeared to be a police TASER in his hand.

Second footage from the restaurant camera shows Brook turning back and aiming the Taser at the policemen following him and at that point one of the policemen opened fire at him.

Brook’s lawyer Chris Stewart said, even though he was pointing a Taser at the Policemen they still can’t shoot somebody unless they are pointing a gun at you.

Attorney Paul Howard, Jr. of the Fulton County District stated that his office “has already launched an intense, independent investigation of the incident” it also awaits the findings of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Bottom announced that Shield, a white woman will be replaced by deputy chief Rodney Bryant, a black man who will serve as interim chief.


[videopress ZfK6qoOt]

Made in Jamaica 🇯🇲 Yardhype.com website Since 2012 © YARDHYPE 2011-24