The male and female athletes representing Jamaica have put on a spectacular show at the eighteenth staging of the World Athletic Championship. Thanks to their achievements the country now ranks 4th among the 192 participating countries.
Jamaica has attained a total of four medals so far, owing to the excellent performance of four female athletes. On Sunday, Olympians Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Shericka Jackson and Elaine Thompson-Herah swept the podium winning gold, silver and bronze.
On Monday evening fellow Olympion, 30-year-old Shanieka Ricketts won silver in the triple jump and bumped Jamaica up from its tie with china, and solidified the country’s rank at fourth.
See the list of the top ten ranking counties below:
- United States – 6 gold, 4 silver, 6 bronze
- Ethiopia – 3 gold, 3 silver
- Kenya – 1 gold, 3 silver, 2 bronze
- Jamaica – 1 gold, 2 silver, I bronze
- Poland – 1 gold, 2 silver
- China – 1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze
- Japan – 1 gold, 1 silver
- Uganda – 1 gold, 1 bronze
- Dominican Republic – 1 gold
- Morocco – 1 gold