JPS Contractor Electrocuted Last Week, Passed Away This Afternoon

Monday, February 7, 2022, 8:12 PM

Ainsley Scott, a contractor from the Jamaica Public Service (JPS) who was last Wednesday electrocuted while on the job has now succumbed to his injuries at the Kingston Public Hospital this afternoon.

It is reported that Mr. Scott was on Eight Street, Arnett Gardens working on a power line when the incident occurred. He and another contractor were attempting to fix a powerline in the community when he was electrocuted and sustained severe burns all over his body.


According to one eyewitness report, he was in his house when he heard a loud explosion, he rushed outside to find that the light post was on fire and Mr. Scott was slumped over the wires.

He at first thought the contractor was dead, but after careful observation, he was able to discern that there were signs of life. The eyewitness then sprang into rescue mode, he and the other contractor on the scene worked desperately to retrieve the injured man from the power lines. By then residents were out in their numbers, offering assistance as well.

The Jamaica Fire Brigade later joined the rescue effort, eventually, they were able to get Mr. Scott to the ground, he was rushed to the hospital, where he was receiving treatment up to the time of his passing today.

The Jamaica Public Service has since offered condolences to Scott’s family, loved ones, and colleagues while commending the efforts of the community for the assistance rendered to him. Mr. Scott was employed by M&O Traders as an emergency contractor to the Jamaica Public Service.

RELATED: JPS Playing Hardball With OUR?

RELATED: JPS Predicts Rise In Electricity Bills For Holiday

RELATED: JPS Warns Again About High Bills For the Winter Season Due To High Global Oil Prices

Made in Jamaica 🇯🇲 website Since 2012 © YARDHYPE 2011-24