Creativity makes its way to the world through various forms and we can find creative people in music in large numbers today. Whether it’s classical, country, hip-hop, jazz, rock or new age music, every genre has its own speciality. Hollywood is one of the industries that possess a pool of amazing music artists, who make life a melodious story to live in. We all have our own list of favourite songs and music artists, from the old to the new.
Music artists are ranked on certain factors like the total album-equivalent consumption, album sales, streaming figures and digital downloads.
In addition to XXXTentacion and Post Malone, here is a list of popular music artists who made it to the top ten in 2018:
- Migos – Formed by three rappers with the stage names ‘Quavo’, ‘TakeOff’ and ‘Offset’, Migos is a hip-hop trio from America. Migos released several popular singles/albums and got to the US Billboard 200 chart. They also ranked number one in the U.S. for their second album ‘Culture II’.
- Kendrick Lamar Duckworth – Known as a highly successful and skilful hip-hop artist of his generation, American rapper/songwriter Kendrick a.k.a. K-Dot, rose to fame in 2010 with ‘Overly Dedicated’. His accolades include 12 Grammy Awards, Hottest MC in the Game, one of the world’s 100 most influential people and the Pulitzer Prize for Music Award for his album ‘Damn’.
- Eminem – Marshall Bruce Mathers III a.k.a. Eminem, is a famous rapper/songwriter from America. He won the label ‘King of Hip Hop’ and got to the list of 100 Greatest Artists of All Time with ‘Rolling Stone’. He became the first artist to be awarded for three consecutive LPs (Long Playing). He won 15 Grammy Awards, Academy Award for Best Original Song, five top singles on the Billboard Hot 100 and nine top albums on the Billboard 200. Eminem is one of the best-selling artists of all time, with more than 220 million records sold worldwide.
- Bruno Mars – Peter Gene Hernandez a.k.a. Bruno Mars is a songwriter/singer from America, known for his stage performances and a wide range of musical styles (funk, soul, R&B, reggae, rock, pop and hip hop). He has won 11 Grammy Awards, three Guinness World Records, three Brit Awards and nine American Music Awards, and is one of the bestselling artists. He also appeared in Forbes’ lists of lists of 30 under 30, celebrity 100, Time’s 100 most influential people in the world and the world’s most powerful celebrities. Bruno Mars achieved his first five, much quicker than other male artists, since Elvis Presley.
- Taylor Swift – She is one of the world’s most popular singers; well-known for songs that are inspired from her own life. This American singer/songwriter rose to fame in 2006 when her first debut album ranked number five on the Billboard 200. Some of her other successful singles include ‘You Belong with Me’, ‘Our Song’, ‘Love Story’ and ‘Look What You Made Me Do’. She’s a recipient of 10 Grammy Awards, six Guinness World Records, 23 Billboard Music Awards, one Emmy, 12 Country Music Association Awards, awards from the Songwriters Hall of Fame, Nashville Songwriters Association and many more!
- Adele – Adele Laurie Blue Adkins is a famous English singer/songwriter who won several accolades including six Grammy Awards, the Brit Awards Critics’ Choice award, mentions in the Guinness Book of World Records, the BBC Sound of 2008, three American Music Awards, British Album of the Year, Academy Award, Golden Globe for Best Original Song and many more! With over 100 million records sold, Adele stands as one of the bestselling music artists in the world.
- The Weekend – Renowned as ‘The Weekend’, Canadian singer Abel Makkonen Tesfaye is known for his contribution to the R&B (Rhythm and Blues) music category. He was the first artist to hold the top three positions simultaneously on the Billboard Hot R&B Songs. After his commercial debut in the year 2012, Tesfaye sold more than 60 million records in the US, apart from the ones sold elsewhere. He is the winner of three Grammy Awards, two American Music Awards, eight Billboard Music Awards and a nominee for one Academy Award.
- Aubrey Drake Graham – This Canadian singer, rapper and songwriter was first recognised for his acting in the series ‘Degrassi: The Next Generation’. He released several singles and albums and became the first solo male artist to be on top on the Billboard 200 for 13 weeks consecutively. Drake is also known for the maximum number of top singles on the Hot Rap Songs, Rhythmic Charts and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay. He has won 15 Billboard Music Awards, three Juno Awards and six American Music awards. With over 95 million singles and 12 million albums sold worldwide, he is one of the bestselling music artists in the world and the RIAA’s (Recording Industry Association of America) top certified artist for digital singles.
- J. Cole – Born in Germany, Jermaine Lamarr Cole is an American singer/rapper/songwriter who gained recognition for his mixtapes and albums. He was number one on the Billboard 200 chart several times and has produced singles for Janet Jackson, Kendrick Lamar and others. J. Cole is also into various non-profit organisation ventures.
- Ed Sheeran – Edward Christopher Sheeran is one of the best-selling music artists in the world, with over 100 million singles and 45 million albums sold globally. He won the Ivor Novello Award and the Brit Awards for British Breakthrough Act and Best British Male Solo Artist. He was nominated at the 2013 Grammy Awards (performance with Elton John) for the Song of the Year nomination for ‘The A Team’.
Get music players and stereos from Catch.com.au and listen to these top 10 musical greats. Aliexpress offers phones, accessories and other electronic products at great deals; get yours today and update your music list with the bestselling music from top artists!
Nidhi Mahajan is a guest blogger and passionate about content writing. She has been creating SEO friendly content for more than 5 years. For more info you can check her Lifestyle Blogs at Pop-pins.com