Dancehall artiste Quada is slated to return to court for the charge of a murder he was slapped with on January 17 of last year, after he was said to be one of the persons involved in the mob killing of a man from the community of Sterling Castle Heights.
The victim was Miguel Williams, in St. Andrew, who was burned to death while the house he was staying at was also destroyed by fire.
The new court date has been set for May 22, 2023, at the Supreme Court in Downtown Kingston however, Quada whose real name is Shacquelle Clarke has been freed from the charge of arson which he also received along with his four co-accused according to his lawyer Bianca Samuels who was in representation of him in October 2021.
The charge of Arson was dropped after Samuels made an application to the court about it, which turned out to be successful since the court determined that there was not a Prima Facie case against him, and so he is now only required to appear for the charge of murder laid against him.
After being arrested on January 15, 2021, the “Di Vibes” deejay, was given bail a few days later on January 17 for a sum of $500,000.
The incident reportedly took place as a reprisal for the killing of an 8-year-old girl by the name of Shantae Skyers, who attended the Red Hills Primary School and went missing in April of 2019 with her body only being found a few days later.
The reports are that on April 17, 2019, an angry mob bomb rushed the house of Williams where they were said to have surrounded him with tires, then beat him and had his body burned along with his house destroyed.
Quada seems to have been clearing up his character in preparation for the case even though it might be some time away since he has been seen changing up his behavioural approach, and lifestyle which he shared with Winford Williams’s Onstage show recently.